“To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful.”
– Edward R. Murrow, American Broadcast Journalist
This week I’ve been following my friend Gary Lemke’s series on Trust. Gary’s daily posts on his CRM Advocate site are insightful and thought provoking. Indeed, it got me to thinking about how trust plays into the sales process.
2. What’s in it for me?
3. Can I trust it?
That third hurdle, the trust question, is often the deal breaker in the buying decision. So how do salespeople garner trust from prospects with whom they’ve never done business? The key is credibility. If the salesperson isn’t credible, the prospect will not trust enough in the sales proposition to buy.
2. Take leadership positions in networking or industry groups.
3. Publish a blog that showcases your knowledge of your industry.
4. Create monthly white papers that establish you as an expert.
5. Offer webinars to educate your client base on new trends and information.
6. Send a weekly or monthly “Just thought you should know” newsletter that keeps clients up to date on current information.
7. Post success stories or client testimonials on your website or in your sales literature.
8. Build relationships over time and ask for referrals.
In other words…strut your stuff! Don’t be afraid to show up in the marketplace as an expert. People want to buy from people they think are smart and people they can trust. You shouldn’t come off as a know-it-all, but you should look for ways to share your knowledge with your network. Building credibility takes time, so start this week on a plan for increasing your visibility to your client base.
As Gary points out, clients want you to have their best interests at heart, not your own. When you establish yourself as a trusted expert, the game quickly becomes a win-win for all parties involved. If you need ideas on how to boost your credibility, give us a call. We’ll help you find the tools that best suit your industry and experience and guide you on how to use them to win the game.
Are you ready to win?
Get your personal and business life back in balance?
Take advantage of Ralph White’s COMPLEMENTARY Deeper Dive course where you will learn to use the WholeLife Matrix and apply it to your personal relationships, spiritual life, business life, financial goals and more.
Get your LIFE IN BALANCE. Join Us for Free!
Join Ralph and your peers at 11 am to noon PST to discuss YOUR issues and receive live answers to your questions in this interactive conference call.
Register today for the Deeper Dive complementary course.
See full schedule here:
- Public Speaking Tips to Improve Your Performance and Book More PresentationsPersonal Awareness Self
- 6 Tips for Getting Your Product into Retail StoresFinancial Viability Marketing - Sales
- How to Create a Positive Customer Service ExperienceRelationships Staff and Colleagues
- The Foundation of a Successful Sales ProcessFinancial Viability Marketing - Sales
- How to Handle the Sales Objection “I Want to Think About It”Financial Viability Marketing - Sales