“Adversity causes some men to break, and others to break records.”
– Source Unknown
It’s that time of year when all good salespeople need to hit their stride and make those year-end numbers. For many people, this time of year is challenging from a sales perspective. Maybe your numbers are not as good as last year’s, or maybe you are not on target to meet your sales intentions for this year. Perhaps you have exhausted every possible lead and nothing is closing. It can be a tough time of year to keep hitting the pavement and selling when you’re not seeing the results.
1. Don’t panic. You have sold before and you will sell again. A slump is just the system’s way of letting you know it’s time for some new strategy. Don’t let the circumstances throw you into a self defeating frame of mind. Because that’s just what they are – circumstances.
2. Review the Steps of Selling. Create a checklist and make sure you are being thorough in your research, approach, presentation, and handling of customer concerns. It’s easy to let things slide with existing clients. Be sure to provide excellent customer service and lots of attention to show that you don’t take any account for granted.
3. Make a new game for yourself. Maybe you’re just burned out on the whole thought of getting out there every day. Your company probably has stated incentives for your performance, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sweeten the pot for yourself. A new set of golf clubs for making your numbers? That designer handbag you’ve had your eye on for landing that prize account? Make your own game and play hard.
4. Update your game plan. Are you keeping up with your social networking? Can you offer a free webinar or training session that will get you in front of your prospects? Have you tried new sources for lead generation? Do something new to mix up your game and keep things interesting.
5. Schedule sales in your calendar. We can never say this often enough. If you don’t have sales scheduled in your calendar every day, you will simply not have the results you desire. Schedule time for sales and show up! Your calendar is a measure of your future results. Keep sales in the calendar and stay in action.
There’s no magic formula for getting out of a slump. The main objective is to stay positive and stay in action. Your business coach can support you by holding you accountable to your sales intentions and providing perspective to your set of circumstances. If you need some help getting out of a slump, give us a call. We’d be happy to give you strategies for winning the game.
Are you ready to win?
Get your personal and business life back in balance?
Take advantage of Ralph White’s COMPLEMENTARY Deeper Dive course where you will learn to use the WholeLife Matrix and apply it to your personal relationships, spiritual life, business life, financial goals and more.
Get your LIFE IN BALANCE. Join Us for Free!
Join Ralph and your peers at 11 am to noon PST to discuss YOUR issues and receive live answers to your questions in this interactive conference call.
Register today for the Deeper Dive complementary course.
See full schedule here: