“I learn golf from golfers. I learn winning from coaches.”
– Harvey Penick, American Pro Golfer and Coach
We get a lot of questions from prospective clients who have never before worked with a business coach. If you haven’t been through that process, it’s tough to know what to expect. What will the coach bring to the table? What benefits will I get from coaching? And one of the most common concerns of all – how will this coach know enough about my business to help me?
Here’s some insight into the coaching process and the coach/client relationship. It might help you to zero in on the coach who is best suited to support your set of circumstances.
1. A coach’s job is to hold you accountable for the results you want to achieve. The coach should not have too many opinions about your goals and objectives. They are your goals and objectives. The coach is there to make sure you show up and deliver on those intentions.
2. A good coach does not need expertise in your field of endeavor. A good coach should speak the language of business, not necessarily the language of your industry. We are not here to tell dentists how to be dentists or manufacturers how to make things. We are here to open up new possibilities for getting the business to work.
3. Expect objectivity. The coach should not become attached to your situation. The coach is there to help you identify the core issues that are standing in the way of your success, and give you tools and actions that will get things working.
4. Expect commitment. Your coach should be committed to helping you deliver on your intentions. Part of that commitment may involve some “tough love” – intrusion into your circumstances and willingness to confront what isn’t working in your business.
If you are ready to get some help in your business, give us a call for a free initial consultation. We’ll give you a feel for the coaching experience and map out a structure for getting results. Remember, every elite athlete needs a coach to achieve his peak performance and win the game. Business is no different. Working with a business coach will keep you in action to win the game.
Are you ready to win?
Get your personal and business life back in balance?
Take advantage of Ralph White’s COMPLEMENTARY Deeper Dive course where you will learn to use the WholeLife Matrix and apply it to your personal relationships, spiritual life, business life, financial goals and more.
Get your LIFE IN BALANCE. Join Us for Free!
Join Ralph and your peers at 11 am to noon PST to discuss YOUR issues and receive live answers to your questions in this interactive conference call.
Register today for the Deeper Dive complementary course.
See full schedule here: