“You can observe a lot just by watching.”
– Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame Baseball Player & Manager
You might think that your client’s concerns about you, your service or your product might be negatives that you should avoid at all costs. Maybe you think “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” is the best strategy for keeping people happy and managing client relationships.
In the sales world, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, client or prospect concerns are the window into their thinking that can give you the advantage over your competition. When you take the time to find out what your client wants, what his likes and dislikes are, then you can address the situation and take away the prospect’s concerns. When you do that, you open the door to making the sale because the customer will believe that you understand him and you value his business.
You have to ask a lot of questions if you want to identify the prospect’s core concerns. Here are a few examples of the types of questions that can yield a lot of valuable information:
1. Yes/No Questions: Do you like this? Do you think this will work for you? Then follow this with Why/Why Not Questions. Why is this not the best solution?
2. Loaded Questions: Describe a common situation that happens when people use your product. Has this ever happened to you?
3. Reversal Question: If you were me, how would you design the product? How would you set up the account?
4. Best/Worst Questions: What do you like best about your current provider? What is missing from that relationship?
5. Perfect World Questions: If you had the perfect vendor for this product, what would that relationship look like?
6. Closing Questions: If you had A, B, and C would you buy from me today?
These are just some of the things you can ask prospects that will illuminate what they are thinking, what they really want, and give you the opportunity to provide it. When you take away a client’s concerns, you are showing them that working with you is a winning proposition.
If you want to learn more about how to handle customer concerns, listen to The Business Beat, Wednesday, May 19th at 1:00 pm Pacific Time on http://www.healthylife.net/. We’ll be talking about how uncovering client concerns can help boost your closing ratio and win the game of sales.
Are you ready to win?
Get your personal and business life back in balance?
Take advantage of Ralph White’s COMPLEMENTARY Deeper Dive course where you will learn to use the WholeLife Matrix and apply it to your personal relationships, spiritual life, business life, financial goals and more.
Get your LIFE IN BALANCE. Join Us for Free!
Join Ralph and your peers at 11 am to noon PST to discuss YOUR issues and receive live answers to your questions in this interactive conference call.
Register today for the Deeper Dive complementary course.
See full schedule here:
Business Coach, Author, Artist & CEO
310.372.8538 | Ralph@Consulting2Win.com
www.PossibilitiesUnlimited.com | Contact
Click here now to set up an appointment to talk to Ralph.